Lost Child Policy
The Nursery will ensure to always have access to a landline telephone or mobile which is fully charged at all times.
Up to date lists of the following telephone numbers are readily to hand at all times: Parents of the children and emergency contact numbers, the children’s doctors surgery and the nearest hospital with accident and emergency department
In the event of an emergency there are appropriate staff that have received 12 hours paediatric first aid training to cover the following situations:
Choking hazard resuscitation of a baby or child, recovery position.
A full updated First Aid Kit is available and when needed a travel First Aid Kit is always available.
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
- Check if possible to contain the emergency without harm to child or staff (eg. In case of fire – use a fire blanket).
- Check the safety of all the children and remove them from the immediate area. Never leave them unattended.
- If necessary dial 999 for emergency services or doctor.
- If necessary administer emergency first aid.
- Contact the children’s parents or emergency contact.
THIS POLICY WAS REVIEWED BY Hayley Marsh dated 07/07/2015